Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome, 2012!

What a wonderful New Year's Eve - and what an amazing start to 2012.


Okay, so I wasn't in London for the fireworks last night, but I hear they were incredible. Instead, Jon and I had a blast at a friend's family's party at their estate in the country.  Thirty of us gathered for an amazing three-course dinner, parlor games, snooker, singing, dancing, laughing, and, of course, lots of champagne.  Obviously I had the most handsome man on my arm, and I was delighted to claim him for the first kiss of the new year.


We welcomed 2012 this morning with coffee and a few energetic rounds of paintball, followed by a delicious roast lunch and much more conversation.  Arriving back at Jon's parents' house in the late afternoon, we settled in for an evening of Pixar movies, tea, and cuddles with the cats.  It's been a heavenly day - it bodes well for the rest of the year!


I hope you all had a perfectly lovely start to 2012, dear readers, and that you're as excited for the coming year as I am.  Onwards and upwards!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo of you two! I've enjoyed following your year too, and am looking forward to reading more in 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy---Beautiful photo. Here's to a wonderful 2012! Lots of love from N&P

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and suggestions! Please do leave a comment so we can get to know each other better.